Relax Kids: Aladdin's Magic Carpet
Let Snow White, the Wizard of Oz and other fairytale characters show you and your child how to meditate and relax.
Meditations for young children aged 5up
Using well known and loved fairy stories this is a gentle and fun way of introducing children to the world of meditation and relaxation. It is designed to counteract some of the tensions with which we are all familiar at the end of a busy day, and offer parent and children, from 3 upwards, together some quality time to relax and share. The meditations and visualisations aim to develop children's imagination and provide them with skills that will be invaluable for the rest of their life. Using 52 fairy stories and nursery rhymes like flying on Aladdin's magic carpet, climbing Jack's beanstalk, flying through the air like Peter Pan, swimming in the ocean with the Little Mermaid, asking a question of the Wizard of Oz, listening to the sounds of the forest with Snow White, and many others, children are encouraged to go on magical journeys in the mind.
For children aged 3 upwards. The Relax Kids series is currently available in Europe and will be available in US in 2015. CD available at http://www.relaxkids.com/UK/Audio_CDs
REVIEWS & ENDORSEMENTS
- Your splendid and amusing act made all the difference for me and all the other guests arriving at the Palace. Everyone was greatly impressed. ~ HRH Prince of Wales
- Relax Kids is so yummy-I love the meditations myself and certainly intend to try them on every kid in my life. They work for me so why not for them! ~ Lynne Franks, PR guru, author of The Seed Handbook
- Relax Kids is a source of brilliantly imaginative meditations so sensitivelyand creatively written and beautifully illustrated. This inspiring book is
a wonderful resource for teachers and parents, who will be able to use it to help children nurture their spiritual worlds of thought and feelings.
It will be especially welcomed by teachers who are using visualisation as an element of values education or during circle time. I'm delighted to commend this unique book that I'm sure will help countless children nurture their innate qualities of goodness, love, peace and respect. ~ Neil Hawkes, Senior Education Advisor Oxfordshire County Council
- These visualisations are hilarious even for a 60-year old! Every page echoes a childhood memory, but with a totally positive spin. A creative took for enabling the reader or listener, to discover the power of their own thoughts, turning the tables on worry or fear. Light and airy, without being scary. What a hoot. And very timely. ~ Neville Hodgkinson, Author, Will to Be Well, and former medical and science correspondent, The Sunday Times
- This is a truly delightful book and the perfect way to introduce children to the art of relaxation. The idea of using well-known fairy stories as a spring-board for each meditation makes them instantly accessible to even very young children, and the illustrations are charming. My children were enchanted and bedtime in our household has been transformed! ~ Rebecca Abrams, Family advice expert, Daily Telegraph